Monday, November 21, 2005

At last!

I finally found the half-finished afghan I promised my Gramma 4 Christmases ago - that's right - FOUR... It was in a Rubbermaid bin along with a couple dozen skeins of Lino linen (Yarn Forward sale 4 years ago) and all my Addi Turbo circulars. I picked up where I left off on "Cozy Openwork" from Paton's Canadiana Colours "Decorator Throws to Knit. It's a really easy pattern on enormous needles (especially since I've been on 1US needles for the past week), which I've done up in cream and off-white.

Perhaps I'll be able to actually give my Gramma her Christmas gift this year :D

If you'd like to see my Work In-Progress, post a comment and I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a pic from my digital camera ;)

2 comments:

missvicks said...

I have developed a fixation for crocheting... I have made myself two scarves... so... really, I have a fixation on crocheting and scarves. ;) Anywho... talk to you soon Ellie Mae!
Love ya'!
vicks

Elaine said...

Oooh, scarves :) My Mum taught me how to crochet ac ouple weeks ago, but I just couldn't get the hang of it - my left hand started cramping... I couldn't figure out how to hold the leading yarn AND the work in progress in a way that would let me hook into the appropriate stitch... *sigh*... guess I'm stuck with knitting ;)