Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Peaceful Palms #2 & Miss Vicks

A couple years ago, I started a sock in the very yarn I am using for my new gloves. I liked the gauge, but couldn't quite remember which size needles I used. I couldn't find the set, and being too impatient, I guessed, picked up another set, and cast on. I found them a couple hours later. Of course, I had guessed wrong. So after a dozen rounds on my 2mm dpns, I had to frog all the way back to the start and cast onto my 2.5mm. Oh, did I mention the pattern calls for a heavier yarn, so I'll be altering the pattern considerably? Yeah, I'm off to a great start :P

On the up side, I had a chance to hang out with my fave cous, Vicki. I haven't seen her in months - she's been "studying" at "Trent University". Uh huh... sure.

We went shopping at Bayshore (relax, I only bought food... note to self: Never buy coffee or chocolate flavoured drinks from Booster Juice. Yech :P), and met up with my DH for dinner at East Side Mario's. They were offering a 2-for-1 movie pass if you bought a $25 gift certificate. Being the penny-pinching geniuses we are, we decided to take advantage of their offer. Knowing we were going to be spending $25 anyway, I bought the GC. DH and I will be enjoying a half-price movie sometime between Jan 2nd and March 31st :)

Ooh - I forgot to take my Ultra-Mega Gold vitamins today. Tsk. Tsk.

No comments: